Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"ninety-nine" (#2 of 5 for 9/29)

It's only important if you think it is.
You can only succeed if you know you can.
And the impossible can only happen if you decide you want it to happen.

Let me wax poetic for just this once; with interest and sincerity, with a belief in good where there’s none to be found, with an understanding and knowing that you will most certainly discount for whatever reason you have to do so; for just this once, try to have that innocent blindness about those things you know for sure that you know, so that you may learn something you couldn’t have.

No one understands that driving force behind the need to do something important with their life more than I do; I have always felt that way.  I have always felt that I needed to do something - even something very small, that impacted someone's life in some way...something that made a difference; something that made a simple moment just a little more enjoyable.  I know I have done at least that much so far but that's the funny thing about the human condition, when you get a little of it you try to find out how you can have a little more.  Now, I will admit that sometimes more isn't always better or possible; sometimes what you have is exactly what you need and I have never been the type to press my luck on something.  Sometimes it annoys me to know end when I am grouped together with other people because that only makes me want to prove I'm not like those people even more so.  For me, the grass is never greener on the other side; if my side doesn't look green enough, I can work to make it greener.  For me, there is always a way and always the possibility of the impossible happening...if everything was just the way it was and the way everyone told me it was, I'd be a married, unhappy lawyer right now...thank the heavens I never did listen to any one of those people.  I am one person unlike another, not just the next in line.  I am many things in this life but the only thing I want to be; the only thing that really matters is what it all means to you.

-Here you go; have fun.


No comments: