Friday, April 15, 2011

The EPIC Series: "Sweet Dreams"

It's amazing you know...all the things that can happen at any single moment; I mean, I have literally hundreds of pieces of artwork that are only pieces of ideas and a few lines on a napkin-lists of the titles for all of these pieces yet to be realized and then, right in the middle of it all-I decide to just quit on them.  Sure, I have done plenty of artwork since 2007; about 430 of them had official releases but these 30 something ideas just sat there after I carefully picked all of them for specific qualities.  Then, years later, as they sat there waiting...a moment seemed to just pop up out of nowhere-a few words from a simple email and I couldn't help but be inspired.  I quickly sifted through my original lists, rewriting titles, making little sketches, deciding what I needed to change about the ones I had already done-all in all, it was pretty amazing to say the least.  A moment in time; that's all it ever takes...you can sit there and ignore them all you want but when a moment moves you no matter what happened in the past, I believe you need to take it and try your best to make it everything you always wanted it to be and sometimes-only sometimes...if you decide to put your whole heart into it, it might just turn out to be something EPIC.

Artwork List and blog tomorrow-

Thank you and goodnight; here is "Sweet Dreams"

No comments: