Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The EPIC Series: "Mistakes+Failures"

I have to admit, I really didn't like the idea of releasing this piece so close to Easter but really, that's what always seems to happen when I have a 'less than happy' piece of artwork that I want to do but this one needed to be done.  "Mistakes+Failures" is a very special piece for a number of reasons; first off, it will be the first piece I have ever done where I give you a breakdown of how it was created.  Secondly, it is the first piece in a long while that has a sort of dead feeling to it. Lastly, I wanted to make this because this is how I felt...I felt like I needed to push all those mistakes and failures I have had in the past few months together and give you what I felt it should have looked like to me.  If I looked in the mirror, this is how I thought I looked and how on the inside and outside I knew I deserved to look; after all, it's how I really did feel.

I hope you all like it-later tonight I will release the breakdown; the making of this piece but for now...

Here's "Mistakes+Failures"

-jason

No comments: