Monday, April 19, 2010

"Sometimes, Somethings, Maybe Someday"

This is a small poem that has been cut; I refer to this as the 'book version' of this poem because there was quite a bit more to it; it didn't make sense to include the confusing bits for everybody so it was trimmed down a few years ago when it was originally released.  I hope you enjoy it!  More artwork very soon...

"Sometimes, Somethings, Maybe Someday"

There are somethings (I know) that can’t be explained,
And there are somethings (I know) that are very hard to say.

There are somethings that seem so unattainable
And there are somethings right within your grasp.
Somethings might mean more to you than even breathing the air
Sometimes, it’s those little somethings that you never thought you could have.

There are somethings you have that you just aren’t willing to give up;
And then there are those somethings you want to keep but you know you just can’t.
Then you hope, with all of your might, that somethings will come back to you
After you let them go, knowing you may never get that second chance.

Somethings are destined for greatness and nothing but perfection will do
So you yield for that greater cause, knowing that somethings could do better than you.

It’s hard to say but you know it in your heart
That the best could be better when you know you’re not the one.

A wish is just a wish; a poem to the stars
A hope you try and believe in if you wish very hard.
I could wish on a star like I have in the past
For just a little happiness, just one more chance
But somethings (I know) just don’t come true
Like a wish on a star to have someone like you.

Maybe because I think I could never measure up
Or maybe because the life I could give just isn’t good enough.
For whatever the reason, this I know to be true
A simple wish for happiness is one thing I will never loose.

Sometimes, just friends (I know) are all we could be
But you can’t blame me for a wish that someday you might see;
See past my faults; see past my life,
To see past the things that aren’t always right.

Now, sometimes (I know) somethings are not meant to be.
And if in your wishes and in your dreams;
If in your heart…it’s not me…
…I promise I will not see you any different than the person I know I see.

I see your nature, your heart,
The love you give in every part
Of every little thing you decide to do;
That purely genuine everyday person that I know to be you.

To people you don’t know and people you first meet;
The sweetness in your smile and your gift to really see…

You see how life can be hard and in adversity you don’t give up.
You see how just a little good can impact a person so very much.

You see life for what it could possibly be.
But most of all you really see the real me.

Sometimes (I know) it doesn’t seem
Like I share with you exactly what’s on my mind.
Sometimes (I know) that all I would rather do
Is tell you everything I’m thinking when I’m around you.
Sometimes, somethings are difficult to express
Especially when every other time you’ve said them
You’ve been ripped apart and hurt
Or someone thought somethings just shouldn’t have been said.

Whenever I was thinking, there were somethings in my head.
Whenever I was dreaming, it was about someday not so far away.
Whenever I was wishing, it was on that bright star.
Whenever I was smiling, it was because you were there.

But I guess that’s my point and I’m near the end
And I just wanted you to know that I was your friend.
Beyond all of the words, beyond all of this life
I will always love you, far beyond the end of time.

Whatever is meant to happen, I will understand
I’m just grateful to have ever met you and to share with you what I have.

Somethings (I know) just have to be said
Sometimes (I know) you just need to hear those little somethings
Before too much time passes and somethings just up and go away.

I suppose late is better than never at all
But because somethings (I know) are better than I could possibly do.
Somethings just confused my heart and my mind
Because I never thought I’d ever meet anyone quite like you.

-fin-

This was written a long time ago but it seems to be a favorite-I haven't had this up for a very long time so I hope you enjoy it.

I love you and miss you all-especially you.
-jason

No comments: