Monday, July 19, 2010

"Everlasting Love" Special Edition from the 'Something Bigger Series'

Over the past year I have wanted to do this piece of artwork and I have done maybe 12 different variations, none of them ever finished because I just didn't like any of them.  I just didn't 'feel it' the way I wanted to.  I wanted this to look just as special as I knew it needed to be; just as important as I felt about it.  It wasn't until last week that I knew how I wanted this to be and there was no stopping it once I began.

Yesterday, a dear friend of mine lost her mother to cancer...but it was in my friend's strength throughout the entire ordeal that gave me the inspiration; it's amazing how a few words and a pure heart could move you to create something you loved to do as I did.  My heart cries for her in this time of loss just as I continue to battle with adversity and if I am half as strong a person as she is, I will be just fine.  Her unwavering strength and dedication should be an inspiration to everyone who is going through difficult times and I know first hand that it all has to do with the great love she has for her mother and the love she has for her family and friends.  I am overjoyed to be able to call her my friend as I have known her since I was 5 years old and even through hard times and years without a word, she found it in her heart to continue to be my friend.

Although I did this piece of artwork with the inspiration she gave me, this is not only for her mother but for all of the moms out there that you have lost along the way.  This is a Special Pink Monochrome of the original that will be released in the 'Something Bigger Series' in early August.  This is based on a concept that another young lady who means the world to me wanted me to do way back when I began working on this a year ago for her mother whom she had also lost.  So, for these two special ladies and everyone else out there who has endured heartbreak on a level that is unimaginable to most people, just know that I love you all and this "Everlasting Love" that you have for those wonderful women who were taken much too soon is alive in your very beautiful smiles.

Thank you, I love you all very much.


"Everlasting Love"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jason words can't express how thankful and blessed I am to call you my friend. Your kind words brought tears to my eyes this morning .. I am glad we found each other again after so many years.. God placed you in my path during the biggest struggle of my life <3 This is a great piece of art for all those who have lost a mother to Breast Cancer and those still struggling... God Bless you :D

Jason Marshall said...

We are all here for a reason Maria and you and your Mother were there to inspire me, thank you.